Mason Ludwig

Mason Ludwig
Mason Ludwig, Driver #31

Thursday, July 1, 2010

NORTH BRANCH JULY 2, 2010

One more day until the big North Branch Bump-N-Run. We are really excited. Rick has a fresh car and we are looking forward to seeing what it can do. It's a 1997 Cavalier Z24, named "Black Widow". We put all of our sponsor stickers on it and it's ready to go.

As always, with my excitement comes anxiety. I'm really not impressed with the field of drivers this year. All I can hope is that they have damaged their cars enough that they won't last long and in turn will have less time to beat on our drivers. It still amazes me how many people I associate with think this is a derby and the point of the race is to physically take drivers out by wrecking their cars. This is a lap race! You don't see motocross riders smashing into each other. Don't get me wrong, it's ok to "bump" a car out of the way but it's not ok to deliberatly smash into them full speed and run them off the track. It's obvious when you watch the races what each drivers intention is, whether it be to smash and bash or to actually try to win the event. There are a couple of brothers from North Branch that I'm really tired of. In watching my video from last week, it is plain as day that the one brother was deliberatly smashing into Bill Stoutenburg so his brother could take the win. We have a team of a few drivers and other acquaintances on the track but don't think for a minute that one would smash his car in order to create a win for another of our drivers. We are all there to win! We also respect the rules of the game. I really wish the officials would start following through with their rules and start black flagging the ones that break the rules. They need to show these guys that they are serious about safety and serious about enforcing the rules.

By the way, I have updated our Twisted Metal Racing website.

No comments:

Post a Comment